Re: V2.14.0 - midi volume & midi arpeggio

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: V2.14.0 - midi volume & midi arpeggio
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:10:03 +0200

Il giorno gio, 09/06/2011 alle 19.04 -0700, MING TSANG ha scritto:
> Thank you for your reply.
> I follow your suggestion steps, I got the following error. I am new to
> linux world (approx. one month).  I have a hard time copying out
> terminal message.
>
> sh: can't open lilypond-2.14.0-1.linux-x86.sh

It means that you are running the command in the wrong directory.
Where have you saved the .sh file?

Some useful unix commands:

pwd (tells you the current working directory)
ls (show the files of the current directory)

If you install the package 'locate', you'll be able to know where is the
file:
locate lilypond-2.14.0-1.linux-x86.sh

I use to install/update lilypond with these commands:

cd /tmp # files in /tmp will be automatically deleted when I shut down
the computer
wget http://.......... # copy and paste the link of the file
uninstall-lilypond # uninstall previous version
sh lilypond-VERSION.OS.sh

I install it as normal user, so in my home directory.

Another thing you should know about using the terminal is the TAB key,
which autocompletes the names of files and directories.

In order to copy and paste in the terminal you can use the mouse or Ctrl
+ Shift + Key (C, V, Z).

Good luck!

Federico