Re: transposing octaves for a piano part

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: transposing octaves for a piano part
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 08:17:13 -0700

Steve Downes <address@hidden> writes:

I am finding finding my way round the manuals a bit convoluted at present & merging info from one section into a script styled on another very hit & miss. No doubt it will get easier.

The manual is very convoluted, but it probably has to be because Lilypond itself is a large project that does a lot of things, some of which take a bit of explaining. :) In addition, there's the perpetual problem that manuals have to be written by someone who already knows the topic, but one of the most important uses of a manual is for someone who knows little or nothing. (It's not true that any two such people are completely unintelligible to each other, but sometimes it feels like it.) I don't think there's any solution except tedious reading that has to be got through somehow.

--
David