Re: MIDI to mp3 or wav?

From: Hans Aikema
Subject: Re: MIDI to mp3 or wav?
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 22:27:58 +0100

On 17-1-2012 11:29, Mátyás Seress wrote:
Thank you for the answers, I already could solve the problem. I attached the torrent file. This directly converts MIDI to mp3 or wav or whatever.

Best regards,
Mat

Mat,

using the software from your torrent is not the wisest choice of course:
- it involves a crack, many of which are loaded with spyware/trojans/viruses (didn't check this particular one, just a warning in general) - it involves breaking the law on software copying as you're using a commercial product (software license fee: USD 29,95) without a license.

Using free/open software to accomplish the same task (such as the timidity/lame chaining suggested by Gerry Prosser), or purchasing the software involved would be the right way to go. (allthough using lame would be walking on the legal edges given the patents requiring paid licenses for encoders/decoders surrounding the MP3 format; for regular home use walking these edges seems accepted use (as even the patent holders don't currently take legal action against the distribution of lame)).

regards,
Hans