Re: ISMLP/WIMA (?)

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: ISMLP/WIMA (?)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 11:05:57 -0800

> Open software people tend to consider artists as being
> equivalent to programmers, so they think artists
> should starve. I have no sympathy with that view.
> Obviously. Knowledge should be free, Yale to the
> contrary. Art shouldn't be free until the artist gets his.

The source code of the lilypond score is not the `music' or even
`art', so maybe people get confused. They are two completely
different things, two distinct copyright.

I think it would be nice if composers make their lilypond scripts
open-source/free.  This has nothing to do with the copyright of music,
performance or anything like that.

That would just be an additional source for other LilyPond users to do
their own stuff.