Re: enharmonic transposition of key signatures?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: enharmonic transposition of key signatures?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:04:27 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Shevek <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup wrote:
>>>
>>> Again: have you tried running convert-ly -ed on your files?  If you
>>> didn't, it is not likely that your compile problems will _ever_
>>> disappear without manual intervention.
>>>
>> See
>> http://old.nabble.com/strange-lilypond-errors-in-2.15.24-td33110205.html.
>> I'm not terribly bereft at not being able to use 2.15 at this time, though.
>> I've been able to do everything I need in 2.14 thus far.
>
> That does not look like a version problem, but like a regression bug.
> It is not likely that it will go away on its own.  So if you don't
> manage to actually get any debuggable evidence to developers, it will
> stick around.

One additional hint: version 2.15.27, the latest development release,
contains

* | commit e8f544af29c93145d122efa8dcfc0548d9b84f0b
| | Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
| | Date:   Fri Jan 20 12:01:03 2012 +0100
| |
| |     Make inherited stream event properties immutable.

While it is not highly likely that it helps, this change should cause a
reduction in hard-to-track Heisenbugs of which your report seems to show
one.

So it may be worth trying with the latest release.  The whole of 2.15
has seen a number of corrections for changes with unforeseen side
effects.  So there are other reasons for frequent rechecking of strange
behavior.  Not least of all that you don't want the next stable release
to look like that, and we'll hopefully have the next stable release
candidate rather soon.

--
David Kastrup