Re: polychords: a working solution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 14:50:42 +0100

Hi Jean-Alexis,

2012/2/4 Tim McNamara <address@hidden>:

> On Feb 3, 2012, at 7:16 PM, Carl Sorensen wrote:

>>> Those look good!  "Nice job" to the OP!
>>>
>>> But for that last chord with all the "add" stuff- is that the default
>>> output?  Yuck.  The repetitive use of the word "add" should not happen,
>>> although I have no clue how to fix it and offer a solution so I should
>>> stop bitching...
>>>

>> The latest development version eliminates all the "add" stuff.
>
> Nice development, thanks for the heads up on that!

as remarked here:
lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-02/msg00177.html
there are some problems with "polychord-column".
I changed it to the new "dir-column-line".

But in both cases the chords are aligned with their root. Depending
whether an accidental is added or not the horizontal line is more or
less raised (especially when you add \override ChordNames.ChordName
#'font-size = #6 or sth like that to enlarge the ChordNames).
I'm not sure how it _should_ look, what do you think?

Regards,
  Harm