Re: Why divisi? Re: divisi parts and another general question

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: Why divisi? Re: divisi parts and another general question
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 00:17:30 +0100

Hello list, hello Sarah,

now I've seen, that You are using the standard language, ie.
nederlands.ly. (I've written "assuming You're using english.ly")

That requires different input notes, so this was the reason for writing
other notes than You. ;-)

You wrote:
> I could if I wanted to, how ever Our orchestra are horrible at double
> stops and if you have let's say 10 second violins trying to play a
> double stop you are asking for trouble so normally we do a divisi, and
> he I think wants us to try it.

Okay, I understand.

But, take care, You've had two mistakes:

   1. In Bar 4 the second note of the upper violin 2 has to be d (not c)
   2. In Bar 5 the second note has to be aes (like the following aes8.)

> the cello and bass will be easy actually, or shall I say easier. just
> octaves.

With the exception of Bar 1, there has the last quarter three notes for
cello and bass, so You've to decide putting the g to the cello or to the
bass.

Best Regards           Roland