Re: LilyPond blog has new home!

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: LilyPond blog has new home!
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 23:49:14 +0200

Hi,

2013/7/10 Karl Hammar <address@hidden>:
> David:
>> Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > i managed to get internet connection for a moment.

>> > I'm not sure if i understand: is posting comments on the blog too
>> > bandwidth-expensive for you?
>>
>> More like time-expensive, I'd guess.  Mailing lists and Usenet can be
>> fetched and sent batched.  Web interfaces require you to be online.  And
>> if online-time is billed by the minute...
>
> Correct.

Ok, i understand now.
However, you could also write the comment offline and then connect
just to send it - i've been doing things like that all the time, for
example write some messages offline when i travel by bus, and when i'm
back online i paste them into the webform and send.

>> > I would really like the blog to become more 'alive'.  Comments like
>> > the one you've made are excellent and i would *very much* like to have
>> > them on the blog (copying-and-pasting them by us wouldn't make sense,
>> > because it would look unauthentic).
>>
>> I might venture a guess that Karl would not mind looking unauthentic if
>> he does not have to fight his way through a web interface...
>
> (I don't understand your first line.)
> Yes, I wery much prefer my own editor.

By "I would really like the blog to become more 'alive'" i mean that i
want many people to contribute to the blog, to see many comments
appear.

I have no idea what i could do to make the web interface more
user-friendly...  Copying and pasting from your own editor seems to be
the way to do this.

best wishes, and - above all - many thanks for your insightful comments :)
Janek