Re: can I set panning in midi

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: can I set panning in midi
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:28:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013, Karl Hammar wrote:

I did the mp3 by

makeing a sound file for each track
timidity -OwM -o 2b_choer.b.wav --mute=1,2,3 2b_choer.midi

importing the files into ardour, aligning, setting pan, export to wav

makeing mp3 with
lame  2b_choer.all.wav

Well, kindof tedious but workable.

Some time ago I did something similar using Lilypond, Timidity, and Audacity when I had made an arrangement for 4 pianos.

I set up my lilypond file(s) to be able to produce scores and midi files for the complete score AND for the separate parts.

Then I used timidity to produce separate wav files for the 4 parts.

I imported these wav files in Audacity. In Audacity I set the panning for each track and then export as new wav or mp3.

--

MT