Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond?

From: Gabriel Striewe
Subject: Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond?
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:20:33 +0200

> Anway, my point is: the currently available tools are not good enough
> right now to save time.
>
> I'm not saying that this means the idea is doomed.  I think that would
> be a sour grapes stance.  But at the current point of time, the only
> convincing reason I see for working with Midi input is if you plan on
> improving the available tools, and in that case, full speed ahead!
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Hello,

on 2012' Musikmesse in Frankfurt, I came across this:

http://www.arpegemusic.com/mtk.htm

a keyboard used to input events into a software called "Pizzicato", a
music notation software.

It can be used with Finale and Sibelius, via MusicXML export.

Has anybody such a keyboard available. It would probably only be a
matter of finding out x event codes for each key of the keyboard, and
mapping them to lilypond, probably via an abstraction layer, so that
it could be used with lilypond, frescobaldi and any other open source
notation software.

Unfortunately, the keyboard isn't sold separately from the software.

Regards,

Gabriel