Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:24:47 +0100

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 11:38 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> > Sure, that may be of interest to the other people on the thread who
> > *are* looking for MIDI input. For myself, I prefer working with the
> > code directly, and I will likely continue to prefer the code even if
> > there's the option of super-amazingly-accurate MIDI input.
>
> I would think that it could save time typing in existing scores, in
> particular stuff you are used to playing.  It does not preclude you
> from
> working with the code directly afterwards.

Indeed if you put

(while (d-MoveCursorRight)
 (format #t "~A " (d-GetLilyPond)))

into Denemo's scheme command line interpreter  you will get the LilyPond
code for all the music from the current staff from after the cursor
splurged out on the terminal. I had better put that into a command
piping the output to a file for those who would wish for the raw
LilyPond music for inclusion in a hand-written template system.

Richard