Re: id's for svg elements

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: id's for svg elements
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 14:46:51 +0100

Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> writes:

>>> This user list must be in the top 99 percentile in terms of quickness,
>>> thoroughness, and effectiveness of response.
>>
>> It's definitely one of LilyPond's assets.
>
> Oh yes! And I would praise the ConTeXt list in the same breath.
>
> Just trying to get an interesting, but complicated open source project
> running, that has a helpful, but very small and maybe not that
> competent fellowship on its mailing list, I can appreciate my two
> favorite OS MLs even more!

Well, I'd argue that LilyPond and Context differ in how useful the
available documentation is _before_ you have to revert to the mailing
list.

We probably only see a fraction of LilyPond users on this list, whereas
it is probably only a tiny fraction of Context users _not_ on the
Context mailing list since in the category of somewhat up to date
comprehensive documentation there is not really much available other
than Hans Hagen.  "Someday somebody will write a user manual" has been
sort of a running joke for decades.

--
David Kastrup