Re: LilyPond Website Work (was: A thought on Windows Experience)

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: LilyPond Website Work (was: A thought on Windows Experience)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 15:59:52 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 3:35 PM

Our server is provided on a goodwill basis, and so we would not want to use any scripting that might load it.

Carl Perterson wrote:
CSS gradients can be coded for fewer bytes and one less server request,
with graceful degradation if CSS3 is not available on a browser.

TBH, this is a complete waste of time. The image files are minuscule and affect loading time zilch.

For every image link in an html page, a browser makes another http request to get that image! You said you want to save server load?

Phil.

Phil Holmes