Re: LilyPond Website Work

From: David Bolton
Subject: Re: LilyPond Website Work
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 14:34:40 -0600

On 12/7/2013 9:48 AM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> 2013/12/7 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>>> It may also be a good idea to find a way to visually distinguish
>>> between the stable and the development sections of website/manual?
>> Stable: solid color in the color coded area.
>>
>> Development: diagonally striped or patterned in some other way.
>
> +1

For me, it had more to do with the difficult of moving to the place I
was suppose to be (and assuming that the current page was "good enough").

For comparison MuseScore only shows the latest version online (with
references inline to old versions when necessary).

Finale supports hacking of the URL. For example visit the following page
and then replace 2012 with 2011:
http://www.finalemusic.com/UserManuals/Finale2012Mac/Content/Finale/MMMTRDLG.htm

Microsoft Office shows version information in the search results:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/results.aspx?qu=insert+a+picture&ex=1&origin=HP005189866

David