Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia

From: Phil Hézaine
Subject: Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 20:15:36 +0100

Le 01/01/2014 19:01, Federico Bruni a écrit :
Dear Lilyponders

some recent posts in this list made me think about the weaknesses of
Mutopia and why people who may contribute to it are not doing so.
I'd like to have some feedback from you. Which change in the Mutopia
interface/decisions would make you start contributing or contributing more?

I can see these big problems:

 [snip...]

2. Licenses
Currently Mutopia accepts only transcriptions licensed as public domain, CC
By, CC By-Sa:
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/legal.html

I don't know what led to this decision, but I can imagine that at least CC
By-Sa-Nc would be preferred by some.

And what about Free Art License which is recommended by the Free Software Foundation. IMHO it's really a Free license.

Seems like IMSLP has the same problem with this license!
It's impossible to tell you what kind of problems are relevant, it's totally esoteric from IMSLP.
I don't understand the arguments against this choice, if they exists.

Thanks for the feedback.
Federico