Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: why you don't contribute to Mutopia
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 21:29:30 +0100

2014/1/9 Noeck <address@hidden>
> Too bad.
> Have you checked if your score has been added to Mutopia?

Hi Federico, hi all,

no, the score has not been added.

Did you get any reply from the Mutopia mail address?

I don't know what  you mean with "Mutopia mail address", but I've received a reply from Chris, mantainer of Mutopia, on mutopia-discuss:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.music.mutopia.discuss

He accepted my suggestions and he said that he will update the website.

I wrote to address@hidden again on Jan 4th and didn’t
get any answer so far. I also made a pull request to the github repo but
there was no reaction, neighter.
https://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project/pull/241

I also have two pending pull requests (quite easy to review).
As you use github,I suggest using pull requests so your contributions are public.
I don't know how long it will take to get those pull requests accepted (some were submitted several months ago...).

It's evident that the review system of mutopia need a serious change and possibly some contributors who know well Mutopia (like Glen) should have write access to the repository, IMO. If Mutopia doesn't open the doors to the contributions, it will die.

I continue to wait, but if anyone has contact to anyone behind those
interfaces, I would be interested if some answer can be expected within
days or weeks or more like months.

The right place to discuss about it is mutopia-discuss: