Re: [SPAM] Re: LilyJAZZ in v2.18

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: LilyJAZZ in v2.18
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 21:34:16 +0200

Am 25.05.2014 19:43, schrieb Pierre Perol-Schneider:

Yes, that's what I've been saying for some time.
I can't because I don't know it enough. So someone should either make a
pull request or send me a reasonably complete zip file.

Ok Urs, no problem with that.
What I meant is that I think it's too early at that stage.

What exactly do you mean?

Of course LilyPond isn't in a state to allow font switching easily and it is of course not ready to have any alternative fonts to be included.

But I think things like LilyJAZZ can "safely be included" in the openLilyLib snippets. It can be used, it is used, it is discussed and referenced, and it can be made work very easily in the context of the sinppets repo. It's one of its purposes to make stuff available that is useful but for any reason inappropriate for inclusion in LilyPond itself.

Best
Urs

Cheers,
Pierre