RE: In wait for a subsequent word (sorry how can I put it)?

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: In wait for a subsequent word (sorry how can I put it)?
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 11:46:26 -0700

Simon,

Regarding the hyphenation of sanctus, the difference is between the spoken
word and the sung word.
If spoken the hyphenation would be sanc-tus, since that is how it is
pronounced.
Only vowel sounds can be sustained by the voice. This negates the
possibility of singing sanc-tus. The only pronunciation that can be sung is
sa-nctus.
Now this hyphenation would have rather strange appearance to a singer.
I think that most singers would recognize the hyphenation sanc-tus and
realize that the "nc" sound must come with the "tus."

Mark