Re: [OT] Re: can InstrumentName padding centered according to the longes

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: can InstrumentName padding centered according to the longest instrument name?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 10:07:28 -0500

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

> When I used Finale, I was dissatisfied with a lot

Who wasn’t (or, poor souls, isn’t currently)?  ;)

In retrospect, I really should have stuck with Score at the time--which I abandoned mostly as a matter of convenience.  (Not regretting at all my switch to LilyPond, of course!)

> it never even occurred to me to speak up and request a fix. Even if I thought that my idea would be incorporated, it certainly wouldn't happen before the performance!

Well, let my example be a lesson to you: during the decade or so that I paid The Finale Tax, I submitted dozens (maybe more than 100?) bug reports and feature requests, and by the time I gave up on that application (IIRC, 1999 was my last upgrade), not a single fix or feature was *ever* implemented. Not one.

Hmm, good thing I never tried!

At the time, I simply took the software--any software--as it was given.  It was switching to LilyPond that actually made me aware that I could have an active relationship with a piece of software.

David