Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:27:41 -0500

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Paul Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
On Aug 18, 2015, at 9:20 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

In the attached file, I've recoded the print routine in Scheme

The attached file contains David’s Scheme recoding with the original C++ code inserted line by line as comments.  This helped me to understand how he did it by seeing the two versions back to back.  I thought I’d share it in case anyone else is interested.  (This is the first version that follows the C++ more closely than the second.)

Thanks for doing this!  (I should have thought to write it this way in the first place!)

By the way, later in the thread I posted a correction of the version you're commenting, which makes the spacing of naturals tally with the original.  There's a parens error: should be an extra parens in line 136 to close the inner loop and one fewer in line 191.  (I also moved a variable into a named let, but that's just cosmetic.)

By the way, I've also recoded hairpin::print in Scheme, and I'm attaching that to this email in case you're interested. Hairpins are another popular candidate for customizations and this should make it easier--changing the size of the circled-tip, some sort of "shorten-pair," easy addition of circles to Ferneyhough hairpins, etc.

Best,
David