Re: Custom / Fine tuning vertical space between piano staff lines

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Custom / Fine tuning vertical space between piano staff lines
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 22:13:04 +0200

Hi Harald,

> Unfortunately "\once \override NoteHead.minimum-Y-extent = #'(-20 . 0)"
> gives me a horrible result:
> - the note stem is extended

I know, NoteHead was just an example. You did not send a minimal
example, so I can't know which objects are close in your case. I've seen
the stem problem, but I am sure one can find a grob that works. I know
it is suboptimal, but I tried to give you sth to achieve what you want.

> - it increases the space between the piano staves (i.e. between the G clef
> staff and the F staff clef) which I don't want.

How do you want to increase the space without increasing the space? I
don't understand that.

> And yes I want to add padding between two specific piano staves.
>
> What I think/guess I need is the padding in staffgroup-staff-spacing
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/staffgrouper
> applied only \once between two staff groups.
> But what I tried didn't work.

> I tried to enable the Frescobaldi's display skylines (hidden inside Tools
> -> Layout Control Options, took me a while to find out) but I couldn't see
> any "blue lines",
> only blue boxes associated with notes and other elements. Maybe I'm doing
> something wrong ...

I see a rectangular outline (or call it boxes with lines only on one
side. I suppose we see the same thing.

Best,
Joram