Re: LilyPond MIDI Input and Export Tutorials (with Audio Playback) Tutor

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: LilyPond MIDI Input and Export Tutorials (with Audio Playback) Tutorials
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 20:32:45 -0700 (MST)

Urs Liska wrote
> Am 01.12.2016 um 17:59 schrieb David Kastrup:
>
>> What is up with Frescobaldi?  The last commit was 2 months ago.  Trivial
>> patches sent to Wilbert don't get applied and no answer comes back.
>>

> I can only assume that Wilbert is even more busy than usual (from some
> private communication as well).
>
> Obviously there is some strange compatibility issue with the PyQt5 version
> in my distro's packages, and I didn't dare yet to set up a current PyQt/Qt
> setup from sources of downloaded packages (somehow I feel this is a bad
> idea, or at least daunting - any help appreciated).

I've noticed a few oddities using PyQt5 there's definitely some things that
are wonky but, I think they'll all be sorted out by v3.0 of Frescobaldi. :)
Faith!

My GNU+Linux laptop has been working very smooth recently so I hope it
continues with the new version!

What distro are you using Urs? Just curious. What issues have you seen on
your end w/ Qt5?

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond