Re: OOoLilyPond

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: OOoLilyPond
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2017 12:19:05 -0700 (MST)

Urs Liska wrote
> So it might be useful to add an option to use EPS, PNG or SVG. This
> should accordingly invoke LilyPond and then import the right image file.
> So users can configure the behaviour to their needs and OS.

Agreed!
I've always wondered why nobody added that option to OLy. Now I know:

To auto-crop the images, OLy relies on lilypond-book-preamble.ly which only
works with the EPS backend.
There's already a thread for that problem, but no solution:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/How-does-the-lilypond-book-preamble-work-td191523.html

It seems that lilypond-book-preamble.ly has lots of abilities... most of
which are not needed here. We only need to auto-crop the resulting image.
Maybe someone knows how to achieve that?