Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Which Linux distro for Lilypond
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 17:53:14 -0200

Hello,

> I never tried to compile lilypond with a guile version higher than
> 2.0.13, so I can't say anything about it.

I (really) recommend you to do so: guile 2.2 is due to be released in a month or
two, at the very most. 2.1.5 beta is the latest [1], 2.1.6 will be released in
a few
days (and I think it fixes a(some) utf8 related bug(s).

At this point in time Thomas, if I was in your position, I would not spend time
get things done for 2.0, I would skip 2.0 and work on 2.2 instead, it is too
late,
and imo totally useless, 2.2 is an order of magnitude better then 2.0, for
numerous
reasons (read the NEWS since its first release...). Not only that, but when 2.2
is
released, support to 2.0 will be kept to the very strict minimum... Don't loose
your
time here, it is my advice, maybe a bit more then 2c this time...

Cheers,
David

[1]     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2016-12/msg00005.html