Re: "Hide" the tagline

From: ul
Subject: Re: "Hide" the tagline
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:50:05 +0100

Am 2017-02-27 19:55, schrieb Klaus Blum:
Hi Simon,

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
You could just as well have written
make-tagline-color-markup = #make-transparent-markup
or maybe even (I’m not sure if that does work for markup commands yet)
tagline-color = \markup\transparent \etc

I'm not that familiar with scheme, so I'm alway glad if there is a way to do
it in LilyPond syntax. I also tried the \etc method, but without any
success. Is there any documentation of that new feature?

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
And, as Urs already said, he was looking for a way that does _not_
require changing the input file at all.

IIUC he doesn't mind having some kind of preparation in the input file:

No, for example inserting an \include statement at the top (or also at the end) would be OK.

Urs Liska wrote
It's ok to insert something in the input file but it should be, well,
non-intrusive.

Once the input file is finished, it can be left "as is". Compilation results afterwards only depend on the contents of the include file. That should be
suitable even for automated batch processing.

The problem with your approach (for my use case) is that it requires to modify the actual tagline statement in the header block. And I think it would be too intrusive (in the sense of unreliable) to have to identify that and rewrite it, as there are so many ways one could create the tagline, like for example

  tagline = ##f
  tagline = "Hey there, *I* created this"
tagline = #(format "Proofing file, based on ~a commit ~" (is-dirty) (get-commit "HEAD"))

Best
Urs

Cheers,
Klaus