Re: help on note head, thanks

From: Jinsong Zhao
Subject: Re: help on note head, thanks
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 22:56:08 +0800

On 2017/3/3 17:02, David Kastrup wrote:
Jeffery Shivers <address@hidden> writes:

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Jinsong Zhao <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2017/3/3 10:35, Jeffery Shivers wrote:

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Jinsong Zhao <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi there,

In a violin score, I saw something similar to the following code, but the
second voice b4 was displayed as a triangle.

Do you have a screenshot or small image you could attach which shows
the notehead you want? Was it definitely a triangle, by the way? Not a
diamond?

I don't know that I could post image into a mailing list. Please find the
attached small screenshot.

Hm. I studied violin for twelve years and have no idea what that
means. It could mean some harmonic technique; maybe it is that
composer's (confusing) shorthand to playing a fifth artificial with b
pressed, f# touched, sounding an octave up from that. But it makes no
sense to write it that way, so must mean something else..

I guess that this is a beginner's book and this indicates fingering the
B3 in advance simultaneously with the F4♯ by pressing down on both with
your middle finger.

Yes, it's a score from a beginner's book. Thanks you very much for the explanation. Now, the question. How to typeset it in lilypond to get the same output?

Best,
Jinsong