Re: Chords in LilyPond

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Chords in LilyPond
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 20:25:51 +0200

Am 26.05.2017 um 15:48 schrieb address@hidden:
On Fri, 26 May 2017, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Well, input syntax does not equal desired output.
For ordinary users, it does.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. { c4 } does not print a ‘4’, nor the letter ‘c’. It would appear that your ‘ordinary user’ hasn’t understood the way LilyPond code works. Sorry if I’m just getting you totally wrong, but from where do you get the idea that a chord symbol that should appear as roughly Gm7(b5)/7 should have to be input in exactly that way? Even with non-semantic markup you’d need at least something like
\markup { Gm7 \super { 7 \concat { \flat 5 } } /7 }
, and that does not take care of the size of the flat, nor of kerning.
I’m puzzled.

Best, Simon