lmi

Re: [lmi] xsl-fo changes: testing results

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] xsl-fo changes: testing results
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:16:20 +0000

On 2007-06-14 20:23Z, Murphy, Kimberly wrote:

> To make things easier I can provide XML files, if needed, for any of the
> above issues.

An intentional effect of the 20070614T1810Z change is that we
save the time it took to write those xml files--about one
second per file.

A side effect is that they are no longer automatically
available for use in tracking down problems. But wait....

An inadvertent fringe benefit of recent command-line-interface
work and xsl-fo experimentation makes them trivially available
through a command such as this:

C:/var/opt/lmi/spool[0]$/opt/lmi/bin/lmi_cli_shared --accept \
--data_path=/opt/lmi/data --cnsfile=sample.cns \
--emit=emit_pdf_file,emit_quietly,emit_timings,emit_composite_only \
2>&1 |less

which produces the raw xml data file whenever you need it
(along with many other things at this moment).

Several other "emissions" are available:

/opt/lmi/bin/lmi_cli_shared --accept --help |less

and no doubt we'll find a use for more. Eventually, we'll
make 'emit_pdf_file' do only what it says, and add a new
"emission" like 'emit_xml_file' for the purpose you cite
(thus codifying an inadvertent fringe benefit as a feature),
along with something like 'emit_fo_xml_file' for regression
testing.