Re: [Ltib] Which version of LTIB

From: Svein Seldal
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Which version of LTIB
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 00:54:59 +0200

Hi

Freescale released a BSP 2.6.26-3.4.2 on the Mar 23 2009 for the i.MX family. It adds support for the 27ads, 31ads, 31_3stack, 35_3stack, 37_3stack, 51_3stack reference kits. This release includes a handful of updates to existing software in LTIB. Maybe most importantly it adds support for the xxx_3stack targets, which LTIB CVS Head dont.

Freescale has not uploaded any of the modifications of LTIB nor the GPL packages to Savannah CVS/GPP (yet at least). I would personally like to see that it is included into the community LTIB. I've washed away all non-free code from the release and have now a set of patches ready for deployment.

Is this something you guys want at all? Or is this Freescale's job? If you do want it, how should I proceed with this? Should I send the entire change in a big patch, or should I divide it into like target config, one for each package, etc.

Before sending any patches, please let me outline the changes involved. Following is a list of all the ltib files involved after washing and further down is a list of the new packages that are not present in the GPP.

(I don't expect we want all of these changes, we'd have to review them individually. Nor do I expect we can import the imx/ directory straight into the config/platform directory -- I would guess another structure would be preferred. This is exactly the kind of advice and guidance I would like, please.)

- Svein

New or modified files from the current CVS head:

CONFIG:
-------
  config/platform/imx/busybox.config
  config/platform/imx/dev.profile
  config/platform/imx/imx27ads.cf
  config/platform/imx/imx31_3stack.cf
  config/platform/imx/imx31ads.cf
  config/platform/imx/imx35_3stack.cf
  config/platform/imx/imx37_3stack.cf
  config/platform/imx/imx51_3stack.cf
  config/platform/imx/kernel.spec.in
  config/platform/imx/main.lkc
  config/platform/imx/max.profile
  config/platform/imx/max_qt4.profile
  config/platform/imx/min.profile
  config/platform/imx/packages.lkc
  config/platform/imx/pkg_map
  config/platform/imx/preconfigs.lkc
  config/platform/imx/release.profile
  config/platform/imx/release_qt4.profile
  config/platform/imx/u-boot.spec.in
  config/userspace/deployment.lkc
  config/userspace/packages.lkc
  config/userspace/pkg_map
  dist/lfs-5.1/sysconfig/sysconfig-mx.spec

NEW PACKAGES:
-------------
  dist/lfs-5.1/input-utils/input-utils.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/mxc-misc/imx-lib.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/mxc-misc/imx-test.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.spec

UPDATED PACKAGES:
-----------------
  dist/lfs-5.1/mtd-utils/mtd-utils.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/oprofile/oprofile.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/qtopia/qtopia-4.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/qtopia/qtopia.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/udev/udev.spec

OLD VERSIONS w/PATCHES:
-----------------------
I.e. these are using older versions than CVS, yet they may have some more or less intresting patches attached to them.

  dist/lfs-5.1/gst-plugins-bad/gst-plugins-bad.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/gst-plugins-base/gst-plugins-base.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/gst-plugins-good/gst-plugins-good.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/gst-plugins-ugly/gst-plugins-ugly.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/gstreamer-core/gstreamer-core.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/skell/skell.spec
  dist/lfs-5.1/libxml2/libxml2.spec

These are the files are present in the BSP but not in the GPP:

NEW:
----
  input-utils-2007.06.22.tar.bz2
  imx-lib-3.4.2.tar.gz
  imx-test-3.4.2.tar.gz
  wpa_supplicant-0.5.9.tar.gz
  linux-2.6.26-imx_3.4.2.bz2
  linux-2.6.26.tar.bz2
  u-boot-1.3.3-imx_3.4.2.tar.bz2

UPDATES:
--------
  mtd-utils-20090303.tar.bz2
  mtd-utils-20090303-nandwrite-intlv.patch
  oprofile-0.9.3.tar.gz
  oprofile-0.9.3-arm11-update-l2cache-events.patch
  oprofile-0.9.3-bfd_get_synthetic_symtab-hack.patch
  oprofile-0.9.3-armv6-l1event-counters.patch
  qtopia-opensource-4.3.0-gcc-3.4.6-build-fix.patch
  udev-117-imx-lowcase2.patch

OLD w/PATCHES:
--------------
  gst-plugins-bad-0.10.4.tar.gz