lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Bridge Implementation

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Bridge Implementation
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:54:18 +0100

 Joel Cunningham wrote:
I’ve got an upcoming project that may need to implement a layer 2 bridge
(multiple interfaces with a single IP address).

That's funny. I just had a look at linux for that and decided it is way too slow...

Has anyone ever seen patches for LwIP adding this kind of support or
discussions about the topic?

Unfortunately, I haven't seen open source code for that. I once have implemented something similar (and it shouldn't be too hard to do this once the functionality of such a bridge is understood), but this is a) closed source and b) not fully portable.

I'd be interested in such a solution as well :-) And I might even take some time to contribute...

Simon