m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] Trying to create a more optimal Indic input method.

From: Vishvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] Trying to create a more optimal Indic input method.
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 07:26:37 -0700

Does nationality really come into this issue?  Geography, perhaps?
Not at all! I did not mean to imply that you are unqualified to provide feedback on the input map.​ Usage pattern is the key determinant of relevance, not nationality or geography (although they tend to be highly correlated). "Indian" was my clumsy reference to the appropriate "usage pattern".

Something that might help your interesting keyboard-input project forward would be to give it a nice name.
​There is - OPTITRANS (standing for Optimal Transliteration), meant to sound like the popular ITRANS transliteration and input scheme.​

And the output can be any, or a series of Indic scripts, I suppose.
​Indeed!​

Vishvas /विश्वासः