m17n-list

Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim

From: Vishvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: [m17n-list] About lsymbol.mim
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 08:44:38 -0800

Thank you for the work.

I've just committed a new version of lsymbol.mim (attached at the tail)
based on your version.  But, it doesn't include these mappings because
I'm not sure that the keys are best.
  ("f" "🌹")
  ("$" "卐")
  ("iii" "🎆")

​Sounds good! 👏​ I had reconfigured the above myself a while back. So, it appears that you've not seen the latest version -  lsymbol.mim. Please take a look. Particularly, I find that the following are missing.

 (asterix-like
  ("*" (delete @0) ("🌹💐❁✽" "⭐🌟💫✨🌠✯" "☀❂✷✸✹☄")))

 (money

 (spiritual

 (legal

​Also, for the check-marks, I recommend the shortcut /x (more intuitive symbolwise, does not depend on the knowledge of the English term "check/ correct mark").​

Also, is there a way of adding comments within a line, something analogous to the following in C:
printf("Hello world %f", 42 /*Secret number*/); ​

Vishvas /विश्वासः