maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:14:52 +0200

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 16:30, Hakan Tandogan <address@hidden> wrote:
Oops, and please forgive the "Priority: High"... Forgot to reset it before
sending stuff out :-(

No problem, it happens.

By the way, if you do want to install a test installation of ocitysmap, you don't have to download and install the entire planet. For instance, you could get just Turkey here: http://downloads.cloudmade.com/asia/western_asia/turkey

It should take less than an hour to install (import the country's files into the database, that is) it on a moderately powerful laptop. All in all you could have a test setup ready to render Turkey in 2 hours or so, 3 if you're not already running Linux.

Of course this is entirely up to you. It's not by any means a precondition to contribute. :)

Meanwhile I've set aside time this weekend to work on my maposmatic todo list, among one is the integration of the Flemish language, so I may as well add Turkish into the mix?

I expect a patch (a few related ones, actually) adding Flemish and Turkish support to go out to the list tomorrow, after which I'll resume work on the multi-line header thing.

Hakan, can you point me to a maposmatic job with an area that's useful to test the translation with?

Thanks for your contribution!

Best regards,
Jeroen

--