maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:16:24 +0200

> It should take less than an hour to install (import the country's files
> into the database, that is) it on a moderately powerful laptop. All in all
> you could have a test setup ready to render Turkey in 2 hours or so, 3 if
> you're not already running Linux.

Actually, if I get around to it, I might have a look at that this weekend.
I want to understand why the administrative boundaries I created ages ago
(April 2010, to be precise) still are not selectable...

> Hakan, can you point me to a maposmatic job with an area that's useful to
> test the translation with?

Try the area defined in http://www.maposmatic.org/maps/?query=Antalya . I
don't have any police stations or kindergardens there, but some roads and
places of worship. In the meantime, I'll have a look at the turkish map
and try to find a better are for tests.

> Thanks for your contribution!

Thanks for committing :-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...