maposmatic-dev

[Maposmatic-dev] Unselectable (largish) administrative boundaries in Tur

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Unselectable (largish) administrative boundaries in Turkey
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:49:22 +0200

On 28.04.2012 00:08, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
Could you give the name of such locations, or their link on the
Nominatim (http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org) website? This way, we
could have a look at this.

Hi,

the boundaries in question are:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/52983600 ( Manavgat )

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/53049453 ( Kas )

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/53049061 ( Alanya )

One boundary that worked out of the box is:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1765893 ( Beşiktaş )

I accidentally discovered that the mouseover text tells me that "Administrative too big for rendering". Maybe this should be mentioned in the short text below and in the FAQ page, until now I had the impression that somehow my tagging was wrong.

Actually, performance-wise, those maps should be easily renderable because places in turkey tend to be less

From the rendering jobs on d.m.o., you can see that the same area can perfectly be rendered as multipage maps though. So, we could either relax the are check from the first step a bit or allow bigger areas and automatically select "multipage" for larger areas.

Regards,
Hakan