maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Turkish translation for maps
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:27:55 +0200

On 28.04.2012 00:38, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
Hello Hakan,

Thanks, I have added it. It is deployed on our development version at
http://dev.maposmatic.org. The turkish language is now automatically

Thank you :-)

By the way, what would be a rough estimate for deployment to the live server? I'm trying to decide whether I should announce this change to the talk-tr list or rather wait until it is live.

Can you confirm that Sokak and Sokağı are always suffixes? If it's the
case, then we don't need a special handling for those appellations,
because the turkish street names would be naturally sorted.

Seems that I understood the purpose of APPELLATIONS wrongly. As you have described it, this special handling is not necessary for turkish. Both the map you rendered as an example and the ones I experimented with look o.k. to me.

Also, if you have some time, it would be great to have a translation of
the MapOSMatic website in turkisch.

Sure, one of the next things on my planned schedule for OSM contributions.

Regards,
Hakan