Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-cross-env-2.9: DEbian Squeeze AMD65: Fa

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-cross-env-2.9: DEbian Squeeze AMD65: Failed to build package boost!
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:22:52 +0100

Joost Kraaijeveld <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 08:02 +1100, Tony Theodore wrote:
> > So the 2.9 release builds boost successfully, logs are attached for
> > comparison. I'll try to look at them tonight.
>
> I still cannot compile Boost. I do know for sure that the version number
> that is used in Boost's mingw paths comes from the linux compiler in
> usage (I tried muliple compilers).

In the meantime, I also had a look at your logfile. It is really
the classic problem of using the wrong compiler. However, the
"boost.mk" tells Boost to use the cross-compiler, so I guess
there's some mechanism on your system which defeats that setting.

In the past, such a difference was almost always caused by
environment variables. So the main Makefile of mingw-cross-env
unsets all environment variables which are known to cause trouble.
Maybe we need to add another variable to that list?

Please check your environment by issuing commands like

    set
    export

and send their output to the list. Maybe we find a dangling
setting there.

Greets,

    Volker

--