Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL build missing DX Headers

From: Marcel Wysocki
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL build missing DX Headers
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:09:13 +0100

The official SDK is a 200+ MB .exe file, which unzip can not expand. If you can figure out how to get past that step, perhaps 3.2) is feasible.

the latest directx sdk (aug 2009) is 500+MB
isnt 7z able to extract .exe files?
i dont think running the exe in wine is the way to go
Otherwise, I think it will be necessary to settle for 3.1) which should just be a matter of unzipping the allegro files and copying them into include/ and lib/

we could use the dx9 devpack then instead.
maybe we should have 2 directx packages
one for the full thing and one for the 3 missing header files only
since there are more people cross compiling an SDL app on
linux than a directx app
do we have conflicts and provides for packages yet?
directx-sdk would provide sdl-directx
and sdl-directx would conflict with directx-sdk

imo that would be a good compromise