Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE suddenly wants to rebuild everything

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE suddenly wants to rebuild everything
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 00:57:58 +1000

On 02/06/2013, at 12:29 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <address@hidden> wrote:

> Not sure what I did.  Perhaps changed the timestamps of some files by
> mistake.  MXE now wants to rebuild *everything*, starting from GCC.
>
> How do I prevent that?  It takes several hours to rebuild and it would serve
> no purpose in this case.

GCC was updated to 4.8.1 in the last day or so, that may be what you're seeing
(since it only started from there). To avoid rebuilding, "touch
usr/installed/gcc" or "touch usr/installed/*" if you know you really don't want
to rebuild. I'd recommend starting with a "make clean", however, as Qt and Qt5
were also updated and gcc is quick compared to those.

Mingw-w64 support was also just added a few hours ago with updates to gcc for
the new targets. To avoid rebuilds in the new multi-target scenario "touch
usr/*/installed/gcc".

Cheers,

Tony