Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE suddenly wants to rebuild everything

From: Nikos Chantziaras
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] MXE suddenly wants to rebuild everything
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2013 18:06:27 +0300

On 01/06/13 17:57, Tony Theodore wrote:

On 02/06/2013, at 12:29 AM, Nikos Chantziaras
<address@hidden> wrote:

Not sure what I did.  Perhaps changed the timestamps of some files
by mistake.  MXE now wants to rebuild *everything*, starting from
GCC.

How do I prevent that?  It takes several hours to rebuild and it
would serve no purpose in this case.

GCC was updated to 4.8.1 in the last day or so, that may be what
you're seeing (since it only started from there). To avoid
rebuilding, "touch usr/installed/gcc" or "touch usr/installed/*" if
you know you really don't want to rebuild. I'd recommend starting
with a "make clean", however, as Qt and Qt5 were also updated and gcc
is quick compared to those.

Mingw-w64 support was also just added a few hours ago with updates to
gcc for the new targets. To avoid rebuilds in the new multi-target
scenario "touch usr/*/installed/gcc".

Yeah, already tried "touch usr/installed/*", but it doesn't help.

My MXE tree is about a year old though (I have tons of settings in the *.mk files that really I don't want to lose) and I don't track it with Git, so the new stuff is definitely not there.