Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk3 and gtkmm3

From: Gerardo Ballabio
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk3 and gtkmm3
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:11:46 +0200

I just saw from your other message that you indeed failed to build
gtk2, as well as all of pango's dependencies.

I suppose that the pango build process needs to run some gtk tool
locally even if you are cross building, so if you haven't (a subset
of) Gnome installed, it will fail. I run Gnome on my Debian system and
all the gtk packages build fine for me.

I could be worth finding out and documenting exactly which packages
you need to install for the pango build to succeed. On the other hand,
anybody who wants to cross-build a gtk program will probably have them
already installed.

Gerardo