Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk3 and gtkmm3

From: Gerardo Ballabio
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] gtk3 and gtkmm3
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 08:57:49 +0200

> Pango seems to be fixed!
> Read more https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/804

Great!

> You also have changed glib not to show runtime warning in
> gtkapplication. I think this change is independent of gtk3 and gtkmm3.
> Is it needed?

Well, GtkApplication is a gtk3 class, so the problem only shows up
when using gtk3.
It is needed because without it, every time that the user runs the
compiled program, the warning pops up when the program starts. I
consider this very annoying. I would not want to release a program
which does that.
However if you will update glib to a newer version (required for gtk
3.16), it might be that the patch is no longer needed. I haven't tried
that yet.

Gerardo