Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango-20021128b

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango-20021128b
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 19:07:18 +0100

hi Michael Panteleit,

>> and have you now improved downloadrates with the new pango patch?
>> I can only speak for me: no!
>> It's the same with the old...no fast downloads with mldonkey...argh
MP> Same for. It seems even slower than the version with the
MP> pango20021125b.
MP> Tried for 5h the latest one and got d/l-rate around 8-10. One hour ago
MP> I started the pango20021125b and now getting 22-25.

I don't know how to say it - but you can't compare it THAT SIMPLE.

It depends on

1) what server you're on
2) the load of the server
3) how many clients are on the net
4) what upstream they have
5) what upstream and slots they have available

When you restart the same version of mldonkey its possible that you
get the same results.

Please don't compare like this.

However, It was planned to be lil' slower, because the requests flood
is stopped and it's more economic and fair.
It's definitely a step forward.

-roland