[Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:22:32 +0100

Pierre Etchemaite <address@hidden> wrote:

> That looks like a totally logical modification, so either mldonkey was so
> far acting as greedyly as possible (maybe sometimes finding a new source by
> luck), or there's something obvious I'm missing.

If you are downloading files belonging to a series of files, then there
is a very high chance of discovering new sources this way.

Problem is: mldonkey cannot know, which files are "linked".

If it would know this, it could only send queries for files being linked
with the one the peer is a known source for.

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
81. Emptying the bit buckets.