[Mldonkey-users] Re: Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signature

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signature
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:31:25 +0100

Michael Panteleit <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Did you consider that this is a brand new patch? Who should know about
>>> it? Not even MLDonkey himself knows it exists.

>> there are only 20-30 people who are actually using this patch.

> So why stop uploading to them? To give more to eMules?  Perhaps I'm
> missing something, I still don't understand your reasons.

If we want to phase out the old mldonkeys, we have to give those users a
reason. Not getting anything out of the network would be one.

So, if we just isolate those old clients by

a) not uploading anything to hem
b) not sharing any sources with them
c) not sharing any servers with them

we can reach this goal.

Of course, the other clients out there should behave in the same way.
eMules already ban mldonkey 1.x because of the abusive
request-every-file behavoir of these old versions.

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
45. (S)he resigned in disgust five minutes ago.