Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signatu

From: Parsloe Matchingham
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signature
Date: 29 Nov 2002 19:38:00 +0100

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 18:31, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Michael Panteleit <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> If we want to phase out the old mldonkeys, we have to give those users a
> reason. Not getting anything out of the network would be one.
>
> So, if we just isolate those old clients by
>
> a) not uploading anything to hem
> b) not sharing any sources with them
> c) not sharing any servers with them
>
> we can reach this goal.
<sarcasm on>
This will harm very badly since mldonkey is a very strong group inside
the donkey of an overwhelming 7% maximum. (Never trust statistics you
faked yourself)
</sarcasm off>

What you might achieve is, users switching to emule. Like me. Since 2.0
(and I just give my 2 penny worth here only as numb user. So please no
flames how stupid I am, I know this myself). With emule I downloaded a
(more than well shared) file I was trying to get with mldonkey for
almost two weeks in between one day. In earlier days this was a question
of max. 8 hours with mldonkey. With mldonkey 2: no server connects or
ever so long and then I end up connecting to myself as a server 5 times,
downloadrates with a max of 10 k. Uploads up to my eyeballs. 1.16 was
great even though it was aggressive. And guess what it is still working.
I fire up 1.16 and still get my 5 servers in between 30 minutes as well
as a download rate of approx. 50 to 60.

With almost 500k users on donkey and more and your 7%, guess what it
will give you. A better nights sleep?

Pissed off.