Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signatu

From: Parsloe Matchingham
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signature
Date: 29 Nov 2002 20:49:31 +0100

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 20:03, Sven Hartge wrote:

> You very efficently murdered my quote, since I also said:
No, I did not! Because your statement is not true. Why do I have almost
the same download rates with 1.16 as before if there is a 75% and more
of emule clients? And according to what I see in the GUI of 1.16 I am
downloading quite a lot from emule.

BTW slaughtered might've been the word you were looking for. Not
murdered. (Only for the sake of the language and some 'native' speakers
correcting others's postings.)

> Well, mldonkey started as a Unix-client and the main userbase will be
> unix users. So eMule is for the Winodws-World, mldonkey for the rest.
>
> So why don't you just use the client you see fit best?
>
> If you don't like mldonkey, its developement and download rate, why use
> it?

I have been using Linux on my desktop now for the last 3 or 4 years. The
solution with emule was an emergency, running it of my dual boot
notebook I normally only use for work. And to be honest I don't feel
comfortable with running something like donkey on a whatsoever secure
Windows machine.