Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:22:07 +0100

Le Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:38:57 +0100 (CET), "Roland Arendes"
<address@hidden> a écrit :

> Since a few pango-versions the last upload slot is reserved for clients we
> already got some bytes from (creditors).

This was introduced in 20021129, and should be considered experimental (like
many things in those patches ;) )

Well, the effect of that change may not be what you expect. In fact, this
modification may be a bit too radical.

It's not unusual for upload queue to be fully used, all the time. If only
creditors are accepted when a slot becomes available, and if you have some
creditors around, there's a really high probability that only creditors will
be able to enter the queue (given the rate of slot requests, having more
than one free slot at a time is exceptionnal).

Beside this little modification in slot allocation, I also added some code
to modify the priority of connections based on the client credit. This is
totally untested for now. See the "reward_power" setting.

It's possible that in the end we'll need to add some real upload queue if we
want to be fair to all waiting uploaders...