Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:47:49 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> If the different incoming-dirs are located on the same partition, just
> make a hardlink and no space is wasted.

I just love Unix/Linux :) With it, the only limitation you have is your
imagination.

> >  BTW: if im downloading anything from a very controversial p2p network
> >  (where most of the files are copyrighted) i surely down want anybody
> >  else to know about this. and theres no way im gonna share a client
> >  with anyone else...
>
> Maybe some people here think that their daugthers are not interested
> by the porn movies they are downloading ? or maybe the contrary ? :))

I still think that having multiple users is a good idea. Of course it
should be a secondary goal, and development should not focus on this
feature. It could also introduce a lot of headaches (mainly security
problems between the different users), but that's what development is
for.

On the other hand, I'd rather have 20 users using the same mldonkey client
(with user management) than 20 users running 20 different mldonkey
clients, that would consume *a lot* of memory and bandwith.

Greetings,

Sergio