Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:27:15 +0100

Jörg Maisenbacher wrote...
> Yes you're right, discussion is needed. And i think in last instance
> it's the devs choice to implement a feature/whatsoever or not. I
> personally see more pro-s than con-s for a mu-system.

ACK - if the devs decide to go that way i have to accept that and i
will - but i dont have to like it

> You don't have to give an account to anybody, right? And what's the
> difference between receiving an e-mail/ICQ-message/... and adding a file
> to your list, or let your buddy do this on his own? If it's something
> you don't like, well you're the admin, you can remove this file if you
> think, it might harm you.

First situation: you are in control....second situation: you have to
control someone else

> Yes, it might not be so easy to implement, but it's worth the
> discussion, as the beginnings are already in the code.

Thats why im writing here....to make sure the devs see all the
problems that will appear - and then to decide if its worth the trouble

> Maybe mu-system/nice interface isn't so important for the client to
> work, but every contribution / feature request is important. Because if
> you punish people for sharing their ideas, you might miss _the_ idea for
> important parts (source-management etc.), because the person having this
> idea is feared of getting flamed at.

*every* idea is worth a discussion....even that strang one of a mu-system ;)

>                                      And i consider the new_html_gui the
>  one of best thing happened (feel free to flame me)

no need for a flame....i took a look and it looks nice even if its not
quite working on my workstation (solaris) so i prefer the telnet
interface on a ssh-session to my server....its small...its fast...its
a CLI!